1. You have the right to make informed choices about prescription drugs. Ask about any side effects.
2. Ask your medical professional for non-harmful alternatives to prescription drugs.
3. Report side effects of drugs to the FDA - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm
4. Contact your state attorney and elected government officials about bringing legal action against senior executives at pharmaceutical companies, in addition to financially penalizing companies for fraud and other criminal activities that cause serious adverse drug reactions, including death.
5. Ask your elected government officials to ban direct-to-consumer advertising by pharmaceutical companies.
www.sundancedx.com - genetic testing to alert the physician and patient that side effects may occur
BOOKS ON BIG PHARMA, PSYCHIATRY & PERSONAL STORIES
Pharmageddon by Dr. David Healy
Medication Madness by Dr. Peter Breggin
Prozac: Panacea or Pandora? Our Serotonin Nightmare by Dr. Ann Blake Tracy
Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher by Gwen Olsen
I Am Not Silent by Gail Schmidkunz
Deadly Psychiatry and Organised Denial by Dr. Peter C. Gøtzsche
Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America by Robert Whitaker
Death by Prescription by Terence H. Young
BOOKS ON NON-HARMFUL ALTERNATIVES TO PSYCHIATRIC DRUGS
Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David B. Burns
Wellness Recovery Action Plan by Mary Ellen Copeland
Mindfulness: Mindfulness For Anxiety Relief How To Use Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Meditation Exercises To Develop Peace and Happiness In Your Everyday Life by Mike Mitchell
Soteria: Through Madness to Deliverance by Loren R. Mosher, Voyce Hendrix, and Deborah C. Fort
Alternatives Beyond Psychiatry by Peter Stastny / Peter Lehmann
The DSM: Psychiatry's Deadliest Scam > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcuhhJ1BaMk
The Marketing of Madness: The Truth About Psychotropic Drugs > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgCpa1RlSdQ
The Drugging of Our Children https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26e5PqrCePk
Bowling for Columbine > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04UqzYOdGNs&list=PL8D9806CCD7D8D44C
The drugging of our children > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pssR-NL_LNE
Former Pharmaceutifcal Rep > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AazObF_pHSU
What Are SSRIs > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRj9CxkVrz0
NEWS & MEDIA
Reanalysis finds popular antidepressant ineffective, unsafe for teens - CBC
Researchers: 2001 Paxil study seems to play down suicide risks to youths - Washington Post
Analysis of GSK's Seroxat antidepressant finds key data was held back - Reuters
Antidepressant Paxil Is Unsafe for Teenagers, New Analysis Says - New York Times
Seroxat study under-reported harmful effects on young people, say scientists - The Guardian
British Medical Journal study into paroxetine, Aropax, reveals suicide risk - Sydney Morning Herald
Yet More Evidence That The Antidepressant Paxil Isn't Safe For Kids - BuzzFeed
Paxil Is Not Safe or Effective For Teens, Finds New Analysis of Major Study - TIME
Anti-depressant was given to millions of young people 'after trials showed it was dangerous' - The Independent
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Donate today. Then wear orange socks tomorrow.DONATE